Friday, September 7, 2012

KB SHimmer Jack and chat of glue method

I have been keeping my eyes open lately, for some unique and awesome Halloween polishes. I knew right away when I saw this one, it's the most perfect Halloween polish!!! I also received No Whine Left and Oh Splat! Can't wait to swatch those too :-) I will post as soon as I swatch them. The formula on this polish is perfect! no dragging or being too thick, which I adore in a polish :-) :-)  This is the first mani I used the glue method. I was worried it might make the mani look weird or different, but I was wrong! You can't even tell that I have glue on. I will be soo tickled to be rid of foil and acetone :-) If you are not sure about the glue method I will tell you briefly how it works.
 I cleaned out and old polish bottle of Seche Vite. I then took regular cheap school glue (never super glue)!! and I squeezed it in the bottle. Now, NEVER use acetone or polish thinner to thin the glue. ONLY use water. I added little by little to get the perfect consistency, to paint my nails with it. You have to let it completely dry about 5 to 10 minutes. It dries clear! I was worried it might look weird or the polish wouldn't adhere well. I was sooo wrong! As a mater of fact, I forgot to apply a base coat to the top of my glue layer. Even though my polish still went on perfectly, as you will see in the pics. If you wear alot of glitter polishes you should most definitely try this. WHen you are ready to remove your polish, simply work up an edge with an orange stick. Then you can just peel it off!!!
 I love this time of year with all the wonderful holidays coming. So you will see alot more holiday  swatches to come :-) :-)  I have a couple pics of Jack now to show you :-) :-) You will see what I mean, in that my mani looks perfectly normal with the glue base coat, yesssss!!!
KB Shimmer jack

KB Shimmer Jack

KB Shimmer Jack

KB Shimmer jack



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow on Bloglovin